There are two fundamental questions in running and optimizing any service.
- How do I make sense of all information there is?
- How do I ensure that the information is trustworthy?
Only upon answering these questions we establish a baseline, and can can improve upon it.
When it comes to a big IT infrastructure, we have expensive servers and dedicated engineers whose primary goal is to interpret data and ensure that it is up-to-date. Still, we almost always fall behind.
Apteriks has made an attempt to process your raw data and give you the result ready for consumption.
.The new cloud-based, online, free Device Processor service has just been launched; its first capability is to extract and analyse IP data from your network devices without you installing or paying anything. How would you use it?
- Obtain your company precise IP address allocation plan. Typically, it is almost always incomplete and difficult to maintain;
- Cross-check whatever spreadsheets or IP databases that you have;
- Prepare for IPv6 migration by understanding first what you have;
- Detect IP overlaps.
See for yourself
Alex Mavrin, CCIE #7846
Visit https://www.apteriks.com and use FREE ONLINE tools for network professionals.